-
March 11th, 2002, 12:56 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Hey, I got a question about the zc. I've seen some people put a breather filter in place of the hose that runs to the intake tube. What are the advantages to this? any?
here's a pic of what i'm talking about http://members.aol.com/cimorellicrx/crx/5.jpg
------------------
red 91 dx hatchback
DOHC ZC engine
DC Sports header
16inch Motegi MR7s (no rubber yet)
-
March 11th, 2002, 01:57 PM
#2
HB Forum Owner
Its more of a visual mod then anything. I had to use a breather filter on mine since I cant run it into the turbo pipe.
------------------
90 Civic Turbo ZC
Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/cwbetb
4th Gen Page:
http://www.geocities.com/hondacivic4g
Car Club:
http://www.teamkayo.com
-
March 11th, 2002, 02:23 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Don;t run a breather filter. The hose goes into the intake for a reason, to suck out gasses from the head
Very few of the gases that need to escape actaully wwill when you jsut ahve a breather filter on there.
If you don;t want that oil running into the intake tube/maiold, get a catch can
Cusco and greddy amke nice ones (Cusco is better it has baffles to keep the oil down) and they usually run about $100 US.
I would only worry if you race(drag or road) or have high compression or a turbo
------------------
comming soon....
www.Top-Speed.ca
Canadain source for JE, Skunk2, DC, PROBE Racing, Eagle, Bride, Blitz, Toda Racing, Kaaz, Portflow, and more
-
March 11th, 2002, 05:19 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks